If you’re like me, I know what you’re thinking: I don’t have time to make smoothies in the morning – I am on the go and time is the essence. I hear you so here’s what I do. The best way is to do them as you prepare your dinner – pop them straight int the freezer (to preserve the nutrients) and get them otu first thing in the morning – by the time you hit morning-tea time, your smoothie is ready to be consumed!
I asked our friend and nutritionist Ronaldo to give us one of his beautiful smoothie recipes. You’re welcome, it’s all yours.
GREEN PROTEIN SMOOTHIE by Ronaldo
- 250ml of water
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber or 1 cup of diced cucumber
- ¼ avocado or 1 tablespoon if avocado
- ½ medium apple (green or red)
- 1 lemon or lime, juice
- 1 handful of mint or 1 handful of parsley or a bit of both
- 1 teaspoon of green (alkalizing greens)
- 1 tablespoon of protein (plant-base preferably)
- 2 teaspoons of Stevia powder
If you prefer watching Ronaldo in action preparing this glass of goodness – watch his video.
Kristin from Live Simply has a good take on prepping your Smoothies so when it comes to it, there is no thinking required and smoothie is ready within a couple of minutes- she recommends having them first thing in the morning too. Not for everyone, or not everyday – but some really good tips here. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post with another smoothie by Ronaldo.